FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT ANALYST
FDI KOREA UNIT – ITALIAN TRADE AGENCY IN SEOUL
Italian Trade Agency
The Italian Trade Agency (“ITA”) is a governmental entity with diplomatic status which promotes the internationalization of the Italian companies, in line with the strategies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy. ITA provides information, support and advice to Italian and foreign companies.
In addition to its Headquarters in Rome, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agencies Offices linked to Italian embassies and consulates, working closely with local authorities and businesses. ITA provides a wide range of services overseas helping Italian and foreign businesses to connect with each other, as well as attracting Foreign Direct Investments to Italy.
The Italian Trade Agency – Seoul Office (ITA Seoul) is currently seeking a Foreign Direct Investment Analyst for the activities aimed at FDIs attraction to Italy operated in South Korea through a dedicated “FDI Korea Unit”.
The purpose of the role will be to promote Korean FDIs in Italy, as well as to strengthen awareness of Italian business and regulatory environment among Korean companies potentially interested in investing in Italy.
The ideal candidate should be a research driven, creatively resourceful individual with both analytical skills inspired to scour databases or other sources and marketing/PR skills to identify and engage potential Korean investors for Italian based projects or other investment opportunities.
During the 1-Year FDI Promotion Project, the candidate must support ITA Seoul in order to facilitate the entire process of identifying and engaging investors prone to invest in Italy, encouraging and facilitating their investment in the country and building confidence and trust, even in aftermarket support.
She/He will be also required to perform some administrative tasks, as well as communication tasks and regular reporting process to the ITA Rome Headquarters.
The candidate may be required to travel in South Korea, Italy and internationally.
• Contributing to defining strategic focus industry sectors for Korean FDIs attraction to Italy: IT/AI, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, Semiconductors, Healthcare, Energy & Environmental, Life Sciences, Circular Economy, Media & Entertainment and Aerospace.
• Identifying and mapping out potential target Korean investors through analytical research on specialized databases or other relevant sources.
• Mapping out Korean potential investors by industry sectors and further segmentation in smaller target groups ranked by investment potential.
Investors engagement process
• Support ITA Seoul in the prospect generation through multiple channels and tools, such as for example, but not limited to, 1-to-1 meetings, networking events, social media interaction (LinkedIn or other platforms), etc., in order to successfully integrate the funnel and to maximize the outcome in terms of active contacts, inquiries, prospects, leads.
• Support in the investor and project management through the gradual full knowledge and understanding of software tools used by the ITA’s FDI team.
• Drafting reports, presentations and documents to track and assess daily activities.
• Organizing networking events and other promotion activities (seminars, conferences, incoming business trips of corporate players and investors to Italy and abroad, etc.).
Back-office and administrative activities
• Liaise with Korean companies, investors, corporate players and other foreigner and Italian counterparts sharing program news, solicitations, promotional opportunities, asset needs and more.
• Aggregate market research, industry resources, news and articles as necessary to share with the team in scouting the FDI environment.
• Keep abreast of Italian Trade Agency bidding processes and procedures, manage vendor album, solicitation, contracting and invoicing for FDI division activities.
All the mentioned duties will be conducted under the supervision of the ITA Seoul Office Director and his trusted collaborators.
Italian Trade Agency, Seoul Office
15Fl. Cheonggye Hankook Building,
11, Cheonggyecheon-ro, Jongro-gu, Seoul, 03187 Korea
Monday – Friday: 09:30 – 18:00 (12:30-13:30 lunch time break)
1. Mandatory requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics
• South Korean citizenship or permanent working permit from at least 10 years
• Proficiency in Korean language, written and spoken
• Proficiency in English language, written and spoken
Should the candidate lack even only 1 of the above-mentioned requirements he/she will not be admitted to the selection procedure.
2. Preferential requirements
Moreover, preference will be given to candidates with the following additional skills and qualifications:
• Proficiency in Italian language, written and spoken
• 1 year or more of experience in a government agency for FDI promotion
• 5 years or more of experience in investment banking
3. General requirements
Candidates shall also have following skills:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
Salary and compensation
The net salary will be 40,200.000 KRW total annually (taxes included) paid on a monthly basis dividing total amount by 12 (twelve). Due to the fiscal status of Italian Trade Agency in the Republic of Korea, the candidate shall be solely and fully responsible for taxes and all related fiscal requirements requested by Korean laws.
ITA will also pay all social insurance mandatory contributions requested by Korean laws directly to the competent authorities on behalf of the employee.
Upon 1-year contract termination the employee will be eligible for a severance payment of 30 (thirty) days wage by Korean laws.
The contract will be for 1 year and it may be extended for another year based on government authorization on budget and project prosecution.
1. Interested candidates may submit CV, ONLY BY EMAIL, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn. Rita LEE specifying in the subject line: “FDI UNIT Korea Analyst Selection” along with the following additional documents:
1. copy of bachelor’s degree certificate
2. copy of ID card or permanent working permit (for non-Korean citizens)
3. any other document proving previous experience or qualifications (for above mentioned preferential requirements).
2. Fill out the online application form
Deadline for submitting candidatures: March 8th, 2023 at 12:00 pm
ITA will acknowledge receipt of all applications, but only candidates who meet the above listed requirements will be invited by March 10th, 2023 for the selection procedure, which will be held at High Street Italia 69 Garosu-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (06028).
Please note that the selection procedure includes the passing of the following examination steps:
1. Written Test
The written test is aimed to ascertain relevant knowledge of International Economy and FDI and assess the candidate strength of reasoning.
The written test will be a short essay submitted either in English and Korean languages, without the use of dictionaries, to the candidates on the following subjects: International Economy and Foreign Direct Investments.
The test will take place at Italian Trade Agency-Seoul Office premises on Monday, March 13th, 2023 at 10:00AM (final exact time will be confirmed afterwards to candidates).
The candidates may score up to 50 points.
However, candidates must score at least 35 points to be admitted to the next step of the selection procedure.
2. Languages test, Practical test and Interview
The admitted candidates will have to submit to an oral translation in both Korean and English languages, without the use of dictionaries, to ascertain their languages’ skills.
The candidates may score up to 10 points.
The practical test is aimed to ascertain IT skills and it will be submitted in English.
The candidates may score up to 5 points.
The interview, conducted either in Korean and English, will focus on skills, qualifications,
motivation and strength of reasoning. The candidates may score up to 20 points.
The practical test and interview will take place on the same day at Italian Trade Agency-Seoul Office premises.
The estimated period should be between March 20th-24th, 2023 depending on the number of admitted candidates.
A further notification will be sent to all admitted candidates with at least 1 week notice.
3. Evaluation of preferential skills
For those candidates with preferential skills as mentioned above, additional score will be given on the interview according to the following methodology:
- Proficiency in Italian language > an additional written test will be submitted immediately after the interview, without use of dictionary; score may be up to 6 points
- 1 year or more of experience in a government agency for FDI promotion> up to 3 points
- 5 years or more of experience in investment banking > up to 3 points
- 1 or more qualified references from prior employers > up to 3 points
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills > to be verified by the Selection Commission based on CV analysis and on the interview
- Good organizational skills > to be verified by the Selection Commission based on CV analysis and on the interview
4. Final ranking
After testing, each candidate will be ranked on a 100 points scale.
Only candidates who scored at least 70 (out of 100 points) will become eligible and shortlisted.
The job position will then be offered only to the eligible candidate with the highest score.
The shortlist of eligible candidates will be published on the ITA’s website and it will be valid up to 6 months from the publishing day.
Seoul, February 21st 2023
This selection could be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason or no reason by ITA at its sole discretion, without creating any obligation and/or expectation or reliance on the part of eligible candidates.
All the information given in this announcement do not constitute in any way a legal commitment by ITA towards applying candidates or third parties.
You can upload your job postings on the ITCCK website.
Recruit your company's talents effectively through the ITCCK's Italian Job platform!